A personal diary keeping people abreast of what I am working on writing-wise.

Tuesday, May 04, 2004

I LOVE YOU (BUT YOU'RE BORING)

My last installment of my Oni website editorial column, Big Talk From The Smallest Face, is now online. My DVD column will continue, but now this will be the exlcusive home of me yelling and shaking my finger. (And Denny Haynes and I are working on an exit interview with me, to cap my editorial career, presuming Joe and James don't shoot me down in flames for shooting my mouth off!)

Out in the blogosphere, R. O'Donnell's is my current fave. He writes in a super-highway kind of style, going straight on without looking back, and convincing the reader to keep up just by his sheer confidence that you can.



I started volume 2 of what is now called CLAMP School Paranormal Investigators. I feel very much like I am starting back at square one, since the first time around I had no editor, and I am sort of the pioneer of this division of Tokyopop. I am adapting my manuscript format and some of my style to the editor's wishes in order to meet her goals for the line. Unfortunately, no time for me to personally look over the rewrites on #1, so what will eventually hit stands will be a combination of myself, the editor, and the original text. Should be interesting. (I also have read a bit of Kelly Sue's first Slayers volume, and I'm impressed by her ability to work the manic comedy of that series into prose.)

Of course, I started this at 11:30 pm last night. Normal schedule right now is into the Oni office between 8 and 8:30 am, leave between 4:00 and 5:00, the video store at 6:00, off at 10:00...and now hopefully hammering away at the CLAMP novel after a little chill time so I can meet the end of the month deadline. The gym is on hold depending on how that works, since the extra hour of sleep (I normally work out first thing in the morning) will be crucial for me not killing my office mates.

Oh, and Ai Yori Aoshi volume 3 is out this week. And the Morrissey single is out today, not that I have any involvement with it, but I have been to three stores and called around and only Borders has it, so I need to howl into the cultural void. Portland, you are lame.

Current Soundtrack: Tindersticks, Working for the Man, disc 2

golightly@confessions123.com * The Website


No comments: