A personal diary keeping people abreast of what I am working on writing-wise.

Thursday, July 01, 2004

THE VIOLENCE OF SUMMER

I've been writing all over the place. Gotten a lot done on The Everlasting, did a couple of reviews for Artbomb, and I have the first draft of Ai Yori Aoshi vol. 7 done. Greg Rucka and James Lucas Jones asked me to do the intro to Queen & Country vol. VI, and I've done a draft but am giving it a couple of days to see how I feel.



It's also the first of July, so new video picks. A fellow employee didn't believe I could do a manly selection, and not only have I proved him wrong, but I still managed to get Audrey Hepburn in the list.

* Afraid to Die starring Yukio Mishima (yes, the novelist), directed by Yasuzo Masumura

* The Life & Death of Colonel Blimp by Powell & Pressburger

* Robin & Marian starring Sean Connery & Audrey Hepburn, dir. Richard Lester

* Three Kings starring George Clooney, dir. David O. Russell

* The Train starring Burt Lancaster & Jeanne Moreau, dir. John Frankenheimer

I was originally going to do several detective/film noir movies, but decided on Colonel Blimp and Three Kings since they both relate to the times we live in.

Current Soundtrack: Oasis, Familiar to Millions cover

golightly@confessions123.com * The Website


No comments: