A personal diary keeping people abreast of what I am working on writing-wise.

Tuesday, November 02, 2004

THIS MUST BE THE PLACE I'VE WAITED YEARS TO LEAVE

Nearly four years, actually.

Yeah, I am sick of hearing about how we need to go vote today, too, because I can't imagine there are people out there who need to still be told that it's their duty to do so. Except that I can. So, if you're one of those people, what the hell is wrong with you? You have the time. You do. No, shut up. You do! And none of this crap that one vote doesn't count. If you read up on the 2000 election, including all the crap Jeb Bush pulled for his brother in Florida, you'd see that sometimes the margin is barely 100 votes between candidates. That's 100 people like you who said their vote didn't matter. Apathy isn't a singular experience, and your woe-is-me-I'm-just-one-guy pity party is really just an argument for enforced euthanasia.

And if you're still one of those mythical undecided voters, then please identify yourself in public places. I don't want to be stuck in line behind you at Taco Bell, because I am sure you have as much difficulty deciding between a taco and a burrito, chicken or beef. I'm making it simple for you: you're voting for Kerry. Decision done. You'll feel better about it come tomorrow.

For the rest of you, don't take any shit today. If you're messed with at the polls, find your party's advocate, call their headquarters, do whatever you have to do.

Then go home and watch You're Not Elected, Charlie Brown, which can be found on the Great Pumpkin DVD. It's about all the media I plan to indulge in. I'm going on a blackout. Do I need to spend the whole day having the TV tell me they have no idea about anything? I can tell myself that and enjoy myself doing something else. If I hear they did better this election than they did when they royally fucked it up last time, I'll be go back to them in four years; otherwise, piss off! It's me and Chuck!



I was going to shill Abenobashi: Magical Shopping Arcade vol. 2 and Ai Yori Aoshi vol. 6, both of which come out this week, but Amazon doesn't have them listed! What is the deal with manga's slipshod representation on Amazon? Manga publishers need to give their distributors a good kick. So, go to your local book shop or comic shop, and if you do the later, look for The Golden Plates #1 by my main man Mike Allred, too.

Current Soundtrack: Pete Townshend, Live > The Fillmore 1996

golightly@confessions123.com * The Website



[to leave comments, click on the time-stamp below, then scroll down on the new page] – All text (c) 2004 Jamie S. Rich

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I was going to shill Abenobashi: Magical Shopping Arcade vol. 2 and Ai Yori Aoshi vol. 6, both of which come out this week, but Amazon doesn't have them listed! What is the deal with manga's slipshod representation on Amazon? Manga publishers need to give their distributors a good kick."

Yeah!!!! Go Jamie!!! You tell it like it actually is once again. I may live in a "fantasy land" but why is everyone else so oblivious to how much difference each person, company, whatever can make? Publishers and studios can often do whatever they want. They have the money and the resources, and they know they do. It's a matter of if they want to do it. And go vote everyone who can. And ignore the bullies. Waiting in a long line is a small (well, relatively small) price to pay for altering the course of human history. Just a thought.

-Bebopbip

Jamie S. Rich said...

"Publishers and studios can often do whatever they want. They have the money and the resources, and they know they do. It's a matter of if they want to do it."

Well, yes and know. I often see comic book pundits saying, "Why dont you do this or that?" and it's actually not realistic or cost effective.
But this is a case of making sure their distributor is communicating with Amazon. James at Oni used to not only contact the distributor and Amazon both. While we always supported comic book stores, Amazon provides an easy pointer for the common man to find their books.