A personal diary keeping people abreast of what I am working on writing-wise.

Wednesday, February 02, 2005

WORDS THAT NEVER WERE TRUE, SPOKEN TO HURT NOBODY BUT YOU

Saturday I was sitting outside reading Boccaccio's The Decameron when a homeless guy known in the neighborhood as Daniel Boone came by with his cart. He is called that because his name actually is Daniel, and he looks like a wilderness man, some kind of homeless Grizzly Adams. It was one of his lucid days, when he actually wants to talk to people and not shout at them, and he asked me what I was reading. I told him.

"I don't think that's very good," he said, shaking his head. "You should be reading Stephen King. He's good."

"But I don't like Stephen King," I replied.

"Yeah, but I'm pretty sure he's better than that."

I was going to defend Boccaccio, who has survived hundreds of years and outlasted many Stephen Kings, but Daniel was walking away and if there's one thing I know, you don't stop the crazy homeless people from leaving you alone.

*

I firmed up 12 Reasons Why I Love Her and gave it to Christine Norrie so that it is out of my hands and I no longer have to worry about it, at least for the time being. She won't be able to draw it for a while, I think a late 2006 release would be the most optimistic we could hope for. But I am happy with the script, I think it's pretty good. Plus, some of my stuff has taken fifteen years to get completed, so this is speedy by comparison.

And I finished the first draft of Ai Yori Aoshi vol. 10.

Today we start rewrites on the novella. Maybe. I hope. It's hard to get me moving. I hate rewrites. I know some writers love them, live for them even, but I think they are creeping death.

Current Soundtrack: The Monkees, Anthology

golightly@confessions123.com * The Website



[to leave comments, click on the time-stamp below, then scroll down on the new page] – All text (c) 2004 Jamie S. Rich

No comments: