A personal diary keeping people abreast of what I am working on writing-wise.

Friday, December 16, 2005

HOLLYWOOD GIRL ON THE FIRE ESCAPE, pt. 2

(part I)

Today I am sharing the Mike Allred pieces from my collection. Mike is a good friend, and we worked together at both Oni Press and Dark Horse Comics. Red Rocket 7 is still one of my favorite books ever, and my first ever paying gig for writing was the back of the second set of Madman Bubblegum Cards. (I wrote the first set on company time, which is how I came to know Mike.)

Anyway, this was from the Maryanne portfolio:



While I was with Oni, I also freelance edited Mike's series The Atomics. He also drew those characers in my regular sketchbook:



Mike is currently three issues in to his mammoth comic book adaption of The Book of Mormon, titled The Golden Plates. It's the most gorgeous work of his career. You should definitely hunt it down, regardless of your religious persuasion.

Current Soundtrack: Isobel Campbell & Mark Lanegan, Ballad of the Broken Seas

Current Mood: happy

golightly@confessions123.com * The Website * Live Journal Syndication



[to leave comments, click on the time-stamp below, then scroll down on the new page] – All text (c) 2005 Jamie S. Rich

No comments: