A personal diary keeping people abreast of what I am working on writing-wise.

Monday, January 16, 2006

WALKING IN MY iPOD (RANDOM CARPET MIX)

I can't resist music memes, and this one was doing the rounds today (I saw it on Chynna's live journal first). You turn on your iPod or music program or whatever and hit shuffle, and then the titles of the first 13 songs are answers to 13 questions. It's not a great meme, as it's so very random. Out of 7,200 songs, the odds that all 13 would yield an amusing answer are not so great. If you know some of the songs, maybe some subtle inference can be drawn from the lyrics. Maybe.

Still, I did it anyway, and here are my results:

1) What do you think of me?
"Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Sailor" - The Yardbirds

2) Will I have a happy life?
"About Time" - Art Brut ("I think it's time you forgave your parents...")

3) What do my friends really think of me?
"Parklife" - Blur ("They love a bit of it...")

4) Do people secretly lust after me?
"Blessed" - Simon & Garfunkel

5) How can I make myself happy?
"Come Home, Billy Bird" - The Divine Comedy

6) What should I do with my life?
"All the Dark Horses (acoustic)" - The Trash Can Sinatras

7) Why must life be so full of pain?
"Protect Me" - James

8) Will I ever have children?
"Feel" - Stereophonics ("It'll kill you in the end/ But not to have it/ You haven't lived...")

9) Will I die happy?
"Dream On (The Real After Dark Mix)" - Depeche Mode

10) Can you give me some advice?
"Get Out While You Can" - Starsailor

11) What do you think happiness is?
"Telegram Sam" - Bauhaus

12) What's my favourite fetish?
"Step Out" - Oasis ("We'll be all right, step out tonight...")

13) How will I be remembered?
"Oh! You Pretty Things" - David Bowie

Current Soundtrack: the shuffle is still going: Sandie Shaw, "Rose Garden;" Morrissey, "Bengali in Platforms;" Depeche Mode, "Stories of Old (Magnum Mix);" The Yardbirds, "Too Much Monkey Business (live);" OMD, "Sealand"

Current Mood: disappointed

golightly@confessions123.com * The Website * Live Journal Syndication

[to leave comments, click on the time-stamp below, then scroll down on the new page] – All text (c) 2005 Jamie S. Rich

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jamie! Just googled your name to see what you'd been up to. What an interesting experiment... I'm afraid to let it loose on my iPod. Incidentally, I have every song that you have listed, which is not too surprising.
This is Julie the designer with the red hair that used to work at DH btw. I have a couple blogs but for now they're not for public scrutiny.
I'm doing well, on my own now, and wondering how you've been? Well how have you been dear?