A personal diary keeping people abreast of what I am working on writing-wise.

Thursday, February 02, 2006

BORN A RAMBLIN' MAN

Portland people who are not one of my dorky MySpace friends, or who may not have noticed my bulletin about it on there, I wanted to let you know that my friend Andy Greenwald is reading tonight at Powells Books on Hawthorne, starting at 7:30. Andy is a great writer, the author of Nothing Feels Good, which made me listen to Dashboard Confessional, if you can believe it. He's reading from his first novel, Miss Misery, which I'm just about halfway through. I marvel by how many references Andy makes that I don't get. He's so much hipper than me!

Also, eagle-eyed readers may have noticed some new info in my bio under the latest "Can You Picture That?": Marc Ellerby has signed on as the artist for my Oni comic book series Love the Way You Love. This is the one starring Tristan and detailing his post-Cut My Hair life. Marc was my collaborator on the story for the Belle & Sebastian book, and you should visit his site and check out the R.E.M.-inspired comic he did recently.

Completing work this week on Ai Yori Aoshi vol. 14. Looks like there will be only one more after this.

Current Soundtrack: Ben Gibbard, "Hold On" (live acoustic Spiritualized cover); Paul Weller, "Super Lekker Stoned;" Girls Aloud, What Will the Neighbors Say?


Current Mood: blank

golightly@confessions123.com * The Website * Live Journal Syndication

[to leave comments, click on the time-stamp below, then scroll down on the new page] – All text (c) 2005 Jamie S. Rich

No comments: