A personal diary keeping people abreast of what I am working on writing-wise.

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

MY ELECTRIC SYMPHONY IN BLUE

It's really happening folks.

The Everlasting is now listed on Amazon.

It says September, but it's actually being released in August. No cover yet, but there it is. I don't know what made me think to look for it. I guess closing the file on the manuscript for the book after approving the copyedits (minus a handful that have to be discussed on the phone with the copyeditor), playing my writing mix in the background, and being a little vain.

It's so cool to see it listed, though, to see the title and my name. The Everlasting by Jamie S. Rich. *sigh*

I was e-mailing Maryanne tonight, and we were discussing the copyedit. I noted to her that a particular passage always cracked me up, and I will share it with you. On Halloween, Lance's roommate is trying to talk him out of going to an indie rock party in favor of going clubbing:

Roger exhaled in defeat. “Okay,” he said, “but you promise me, if anyone shows up as a Beatle, Rolling Stone, or either Crosby, Stills, Nash, or Young, you’ll get the hell out of there and come find me.”

God bless you, Roger.

Strangely, Love the Way You Love is not yet listed. Errrr, paging Mr. Oni!

Current Soundtrack: my Everlasting mix, disc 2

Current Mood: ditzy

golightly@confessions123.com * The Website * Live Journal Syndication * My Corporate-Owned Space * The Blog Roll

[to leave comments, click on the time-stamp below, then scroll down on the new page] – All text (c) 2006 Jamie S. Rich

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Apparently your fame travels far. While gathering teaching materials for a class on manga I can across a listing for "I was Someone Dead" at the Umich library. The notation said that Umich was one of the 3 libraries in the country that own it. Pretty neat!
Rebecca

Anonymous said...

Oh, and congratulations on the Everlasting. It's been a long time in the coming.
R