A personal diary keeping people abreast of what I am working on writing-wise.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

THERE'S A STORM ON THE WAY

Chris Arrant has done another article with me, this time for Publishers Weekly. You can read the full text HERE.

SAMPLE: "It's really about love, about two people finding their purposes in life and exploring them together. I'm interested in the idea of how one person's belief in another can bolster that person. Of course, that's a very high-minded slug for the book, when at the end of the day; it's me having fun with soap opera!"

Thanks, Chris! The only thing I regret is you didn't have space for my sidebar line calling Adam Warren the O.G. of OEL! He deserves more credit!

PLUG TIME: My long-standing comic book crush, Renée French, has a new book out. It's called The Ticking, and it's the loveliest little thing I've seen in a long, long time. Tom Spurgeon posted a lengthy interview he did with Renée for The Comics Journal, and you really should check it out. Marbles in My Underpants is truly a highlight in my editorial bibliography, standing on its own as perhaps the most unique material I've ever been associated with. (Do people really pay $100 for it?)

Current Soundtrack: Gnarls Barkley, St. Elsewhere

Current Mood: ingenue

golightly@confessions123.com * The Website * Live Journal Syndication * My Corporate-Owned Space * The Blog Roll

[to leave comments, click on the time-stamp below, then scroll down on the new page] – All text (c) 2006 Jamie S. Rich

No comments: