A personal diary keeping people abreast of what I am working on writing-wise.

Thursday, February 01, 2007

Karaoke Watch: Tonight we had an impromptu, just-before-last-call song session at the Boiler Room, where the KJ happened to be a comics fan. Joëlle slayed the crowed with "Stray Cat Strut" and Wham's "Careless Whisper," the latter of which was especially awesome. For my part, I was able to perform two songs I have been wanting to do for a long time: Def Leppard's "Pour Some Sugar On Me" and The Killers' "All These Things That I've Done." Yes, Chynna! The Leppard!

The Killers track is one I've been searching for over a good amount of time, so I jumped at it when I saw it. Fair warning to future performers: that last, extended "i'm not a soldier" will murder your voice. Seriously, I could barely recover for the rest of the song.

But it was worth it!

Current Soundtrack: Nearly God, "Judas;" Wham!, "Careless Whisper" & "Last Christmas"

Current Mood: flirty

No comments: