A personal diary keeping people abreast of what I am working on writing-wise.

Saturday, March 17, 2007

NAKED & SACRED



THIS WEEK IN DVD REVIEWS...

* Curse of the Golden Flower, Zhang Yimou's historical tragedy comes to DVD

* Fires on the Plain - Criterion Collection, a brutal and satirical journey through the effects of war, directed by Kon Ichikawa

* The Naked City - Criterion Collection, Jules Dassin's revolutionary cop movie

* Nine Inch Nails Live: Beside You In Time, a solid concert film from the perennial '90s industros

Currenly Reading: Captain America: Winter Soldier, vol. 1 by Ed Brubaker, Steve Epting, Michael Lark, and John Paul Leon

Current Workload: Not for you to know...

Current Soundtrack: Babyshambles, and I'm not sure why...it's like this endurance test I give myself every once in a while, hitting play to hear their handful of good songs and seeing how long before it becomes unbearable.

Current Mood: morose

e-mail = golightly at confessions123.com * The Website * Live Journal Syndication * My Corporate-Owned Space * ComicSpace * The Blog Roll * DVDTalk reviews * My Books On Amazon

All text (c) 2007 Jamie S. Rich