A personal diary keeping people abreast of what I am working on writing-wise.

Friday, May 25, 2007

BREAKFAST IN BED, DREAMS



THIS WEEK AT THE THEATRE...

* Paprika, a visually beautiful but substantially dull anime

THIS WEEK IN DVD REVIEWS...

* The Good German, Steven Soderbergh's tribute to and demythologizing of classic war romance pictures. I liked it even better the second time around, I must say.

* Off the Black, a surprising indie drama with Nick Nolte

* Tex Avery's Droopy - The Complete Theatrical Collection, fun with 24 cartoons starring everyone's favorite lethargic dog

* Welcome Home, Roxy Carmichael, a Winona Ryder misfire from my youth

It was weird going back to Roxy Carmichael. As I mention in my review (and am still not sure if that was a weird thing for me to do), this was the movie I chose for Mason and Jeane to go see on their date in Cut My Hair. It's a defensible choice, as the theme is still right on and they are at the right age to enjoy it the way I originally did. That doesn't stop it from being disappointing that I didn't like it as much as I remembered.



Current Soundtrack: Dntel, Dumb Luck

Current Mood: indifferent

e-mail = golightly at confessions123.com * The Website * Live Journal Syndication * My Corporate-Owned Space * ComicSpace * The Blog Roll * DVDTalk reviews * My Books On Amazon

All text (c) 2007 Jamie S. Rich

No comments: