A personal diary keeping people abreast of what I am working on writing-wise.

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

EVERYONE MUST WIN AT LAST

There's no stopping Joëlle Jones.

She's been nominated for the Russ Manning Most Promising Newcomer Award for her work on 12 Reasons Why I Love Her. This is quite an honor, as it's an award decided on by a board of cartoonists, and the final ballot will be voted on by previous winners. If you scroll down on the page I linked to, you can see the prestigious list of who those artists are. Not bad company. It's never been won by a woman, either. I'd love to see Joëlle be the first.

This award doesn't have open voting, but you can still give our girl a nod for the Friends of Lulu honor she is up for, just go here.

In the meantime, as a reminder of why she is receiving these accolades, a sketch of Gwen from 12 Reasons that she did for J. Evan at CAPE last month:



For other online comic treats, head over to my ComicSpace page. I've added two new galleries: a 12-page preview of Love the Way You Love vol. 4, which goes on sale next week, and the complete "Chance Meetings" strip Patrick Scherberger and I did for the Oni Press website a couple of years ago.

Current Soundtrack: Nick Cave covering Leonard Cohen, Pulp, pirate songs, and tunes from the Harry Smith Project

Current Mood: proud

e-mail = golightly at confessions123.com * The Website * Live Journal Syndication * My Corporate-Owned Space * ComicSpace * The Blog Roll * DVDTalk reviews * My Books On Amazon

All text (c) 2007 Jamie S. Rich

3 comments:

Jenny said...

I gotta get myself hooked up with a "woman of distinction" award. I'm pretty distinctive.

Maybe awards are the validation I need.

Chynna Clugston Flores said...

Hurrah!!! It'd be nice to see one of the sisterhood grab the award for once!

Anonymous said...

Oh Jamie, I'm blushing. Thanks a ton.