A personal diary keeping people abreast of what I am working on writing-wise.

Thursday, May 03, 2007

GONE TO TEXAS



Well, not gone yet, but this weekend. The lovely Joëlle Jones and I will be heading off to Dallas for CAPE and celebrating Free Comic Book Day by selling our books and doing sketches. Well, she'll do sketches while I watch and break kneecaps of rude fanboys who try to run off without paying for them. (Those Gwen Stacy and Snow White drawings I posted this week? That's the kind of awesome work she does. Two of her favorite customers, too!) I'll have copies of "Chevelu," and she made another run of her sketchbook.

A lof of comic book people are coming out for this, so it will be a big event. We're being hosted by Ian Shaughnessy, cowriter of Strangetown and the author of Shenanigans (as well as appearing as the hayseed bartender in The Everlasting). Other guests include Gail Simone, David Mack, José Villarubia, and Scott Kurtz, just to name a few. For a full list and more info on the event, visit their website. The day is organized by Zeus Comics, recipients of last year's Will Eisner Spirit of Retailing Award. So's they good people.

Current Soundtrack: Amy Winehouse, Frank

Current Mood: anxious

2 comments:

Jenny said...

I agree with Joelle. I'd rather go to Medieval Times than to some crappy all-you-can-eat buffet and dancehall.

steve said...

Woo! My Gwen made it on your blog! And I'm one of Joelle's favorite customers? You sir, just made my Friday! I'll have to order up something else from her when she has time. :)