A personal diary keeping people abreast of what I am working on writing-wise.

Thursday, August 02, 2007

A DOPE WITH NEITHER GUNS NOR FUCKING IN THE STREET

Updated with Exact Location

Turns out there is some kind of street fair going on in Portland tonight, connected to the usual First Thursday events. (For those who don't know, every first Thursday of the month, Portland galleries citywide put on new shows and open their doors to the public. Being such a comic book town, last month we had three comics-related shows within three blocks of each other.) It also turns out that Oni Press has a booth there, and they have asked me to come down and sign some books.

Details: Starting at 5:00 PM, on 5th Avenue between Davis & Everett, I will be at the Oni Press booth on the side of the event facing North. The signing should go on for several hours.

I am told that both Have You Seen the Horizon Lately? and the fifth issue of Love the Way You Love should be there, as the initial stock is back from Comic Con.

It should be easy to find. Hopefully, we will be near Floating World, who have their own gallery show going on tonight. Corey Lewis and Brandon Graham will be showing art, as well as celebrating Brandon's cool-looking new Oni comic Multiple Warheads. I'll make sure to stop in there to pick up my new comics (Metal Men #1 is calling me), so I'll tell Jason where we are, and if you need to, just go ask him. You should check out Corey and Brandon, anyway. The poster alone rocks:



Current Soundtrack: Sharkboy, The Valentine Tapes; Christina Aguilera, Back to Basics


Current Mood: rushed

e-mail = golightly at confessions123.com * The Website * Live Journal Syndication * My Corporate-Owned Space * ComicSpace * Last FM * GoodReads * The Blog Roll * DVDTalk reviews * My Books On Amazon

All text (c) 2007 Jamie S. Rich

No comments: