A personal diary keeping people abreast of what I am working on writing-wise.

Monday, September 03, 2007

KARAOKE PLAYS

KARAOKE WATCH

PLACE: The Bar Adjacent to the Hawthorne Theatre

SONGS PERFORMED:

Jamie: "All These Things That I Have Done" - The Killers
"Love on the Rocks" - Neil Diamond
"5:15" - The Who

I owned the Neil Diamond, but despite being fun, the Who was a little beyond my range. Too rockin'.

Joëlle: "All My Loving" - The Beatles
"Holding Out For a Hero" - Bonnie Tyler
"Careless Whisper" - Wham!
"Nothing Compares 2 U" - Sinead O'Connor

She completely killed the Bonnie Tyler and Wham! She's too, too good.

Mason: "Signed, Sealed, Delivered" - Stevie Wonder

His eyes were closed most of the time, he knew it so well.

Andy: "Modern Love" - David Bowie

As an indicator of the level of alcohol consumed, and proof why I don't try to write poetry, I will try to transcribe the scribblings I created at around 2:00 AM:

As an adolescent,
Death is your friend
Eventually, you graduate
Grow up, and for years
Don't see that pal of yours
Until you're old
And you reconnect
Where have you been all my life?
And reminisce about the old days

So where does that leave us now?
Mid-30s, sad, bored, depressed
Where were you, buddy,
When I needed you?
The times you weren't here
Were the worst I've ever known

It's funny, because right now
Were I to share this
With other people my age
They'd laugh at me
Pretend I never knew you
As intimately as I have
Like you were some celebrity
And our connection
The fantasies of a lonely mind

And what if it was?
That only means I was the loneliest
Ready to die
Only because
I had nothing to live for

Still Don't

Because tonight
You'll go home to with someone else
And I'll go home

Alone





Even as I wrote it, I thought, "I'll never be able to read this horrible writing." If ever there was a time to be wrong, this is surely not the right one. (Try to match the transcription to the scans. Good luck!) Christ, that's awful!

Current Soundtrack: Sinead O'Connor, I Do Not Want What I Haven't Got


Current Mood: inebriated

1 comment:

Mason West said...

You actually publish that tripe on your blog... I applaud you, sir.