A personal diary keeping people abreast of what I am working on writing-wise.

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

DEATH IS NOT THE END

Today is not the day I kill myself...but one day. Perchance to dream?

Nah, but, I got this text today. Let me quote it for you:

"U r neglecting ur blog...oh ur soooo busy..."

Yeah, nice command of the language there. It's funny, because if I use one word the wrong way, people are like, "Ohhhh, you're a writer. And you would talk so ingrammatically?" [sic] Then I get texts like that. It's why I hate people.

I kid. Chances are, I'll be drinking with the person who sent that this weekend, and that person was probably drunk when she texted. It was 1:43 in the afternoon, so she was likely up for about half-an-hour or so, and so was likely two drinks into being three sheets to the wind, complaining about my life of leisure. When I see her, I'll remind her how much she pays to read this blog, including the hilarious tales of humiliation I relate from my actual life, and that will be the end of that.

But, yes, I have neglected my blog. I have thought about things to post, but most of those things would be just like this: posting for the sake of posting, which regular Confessors know I try to never do. I actually have been busy, and it's just not the kind of busy that relates to sharing it with the world.

I actually wanted to post on Monday one of my "Current Workload" posts, but the sad truth is that most of the manga I work on hasn't been announced when I am working on it and so I can't tell you the new title I worked on Monday and Tuesday. I was a machine. I worked until 1:30 a.m., went to bed, got up at 8:30 on Tuesday, and was done by 11:00 a.m. But you won't see the fruits of that fruity labor for at least six months. (My deadline isn't even until February 4.)

There are also exciting things happening in my own writing, including something that blows the hell out of Taking Fish Creek to Fun City and a new addition to the comics team, all of which will come in due time.

Until then, at least someone respects me. So, we'll postpone the inevitable at least for a short while. My neighbors need not brace themselves for that stinky corpse smell quite yet.



Current Soundtrack: The Killers, Sawdust

Current Mood: fuck you, and fuck your mother

e-mail = golightly at confessions123.com * Criterion Confessions * Live Journal Syndication * My Corporate-Owned Space * ComicSpace * Last FM * GoodReads * The Blog Roll * DVDTalk reviews * My Books On Amazon

All text (c) 2007 Jamie S. Rich

3 comments:

Travis said...

U R STiLl LamE.

odessasteps said...

Does ignoring the blog also equate to not answering emails? :>

Jamie S. Rich said...

Actually, it kind of does. I didn't really have anything to respond to your message.