A personal diary keeping people abreast of what I am working on writing-wise.

Thursday, May 01, 2008

METAL HEART



THIS WEEK IN THEATRES...

* Iron Man, a successful bigscreen adaptation of a Marvel Comic, with Robert Downey, Jr. perfectly cast as the Scotch loving billionaire with a heart of some kind of weird blue electricity and an exterior shell of gold (and red).

* Redbelt, the mildly disappointing mixed martial arts movie from David Mamet.

THIS WEEK IN DVD REVIEWS...

* The Lovers - Criterion Collection, the film that made Jeanne Moreau a star and challenged the notion of obscenity in the process. (Also at Criterion Confessions.)

Current Soundtrack: The Long Blondes, Couples

Current Mood: exanimate

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm going to Iron Man tonight, and I'm VERY excited. :) I only know the character from reading the New Avengers, but he's by FAR my favorite character in that entire cast.