A personal diary keeping people abreast of what I am working on writing-wise.

Thursday, July 17, 2008

SUPERNATURAL SUPERSERIOUS



THIS WEEK IN THEATRES...

* The Dark Knight. I think this is getting a small release, I'm not hearing much about it. Which is too bad, as it's pretty goddamn awesome.

THIS WEEK IN DVD REVIEWS...

* Blood Brothers, a 1930s remake of A Bullet to the Head, this Chinese film yawns its way toward its conclusion.

* Girl on the Bridge, a unique French romance gets a bad DVD release.

* Mon Oncle Antoine - Criterion Collection, a French Canadian film about life in a mining town in the 1940s. A soft touch adds to the drama and humor. (Also at Criterion Confessions.)



Current Soundtrack: ABBA, "When I Kissed the Teacher;" Keane, "Is it Any Wonder?;" The Premiers, "Make It Me;" Petula Clark, "La Nuit N'en Finit Plus"

Current Mood: why so serious?

e-mail = golightly at confessions123.com * Criterion Confessions * Live Journal Syndication * My Corporate-Owned Space * ComicSpace * Last FM * GoodReads * The Blog Roll * DVDTalk reviews * My Books On Amazon

All text (c) 2008 Jamie S. Rich

2 comments:

MattGrigsby said...

I 110% agree with your review of The Dark Knight. It was unbelieveably awesome on so many levels. This will be a fun one to discuss with you in more detail one day.

Santiago said...

The Dark Knight surprised me, even though the movie has been having a lot of buzz for the past weeks. It is a gripping movie, that never lets you rest.

Simply put, it's one of the best genre movies that has ever come out.