A personal diary keeping people abreast of what I am working on writing-wise.

Monday, August 25, 2008

I'M AFRAID THEY'RE ALL TALKING ABOUT ME, BUT, BABY, YOU CAN HELP ME IF YOU TELL ME THAT YOU LOVE ME

Syndicate Product Covert HQ has a new review of Love the Way You Love vol. 6 this morning:

I've admitted before to having a mad writerly crush on Jamie S. Rich (and his sideburns)...In all, a sweet comic romance that even gave me a slight case of the fuzzies, not an easy task.


Johanna at Comics Worth Reading has also updated her Love the Way You Love page to include the finale.

All of the personal struggles and conflicts are addressed by the end, but the business storylines are left unresolved. Instead, there’s a new character introduced who’s too clever for his own good, although by the end, he has plenty of reason to be...It’s a great conclusion to the romance, with lots of insight — I just wanted to know how the band worked things out as well.


I would like to note in response to Johanna's pondering about whether the ending changed due to the delays, that in fact, it did not. The script was done before #5 was finished being drawn. The stories about the professional lives of the characters were going to be a large focus of the next story arc, and still will be if that ever happens. So, essentially, I agree with her--I want to see that, too!

Thanks for the great write-ups, guys!

Current Soundtrack: Monkey, Journey to the West

Current Mood:

No comments: