A personal diary keeping people abreast of what I am working on writing-wise.

Saturday, August 16, 2008

A ROLLER SKATING JAM NAMED "SATURDAYS"

Hi, guys, Jamie here, courtesy of the fine manga avatar-generating program at Face Your Manga. It seemed like this incarnation of me would be a fitting host to share some new art with you on this scorching Saturday.

Vitor Cafaggi, a graphic designer in Brazil and proprietor of the fun Puny Parker blog, dropped me a note today to tell me how much he liked 12 Reasons Why I Love Her. He did some searching around to find out about myself and Joëlle Jones and he discovered what a huge Audrey Hepburn fan I am. So, he sent me a drawing he did for his sister that I think is quite lovely:



Apparently the Brazilian edition of 12 Reasons, titled 12 razões para amá-la, was released last year, and according to Vitor, it received really good reviews down there. I haven't seen it yet, so I will have to bug Oni to find out what the deal is. I think the German edition should be out by now, too.

Also in my inbox today, a drawing of Tristan from Love the Way You Love by my friend Terry Blas.



It's a lot of fun. I like it. The coloring reminds me of Phil Noto.

Don't forget to preorder your copy of Love the Way You Love, Side B: Songs of Devotion. It's on its way through the printing process.

ISBN: 978-1-932664-95-9
Diamond Code: JUN08 4144

Current Soundtrack: shufflupagus: Massive Attack, the Who (live), Plaid, Cat Stevens, Amityville

Current Mood:

e-mail = golightly at confessions123.com * Criterion Confessions * Live Journal Syndication * My Corporate-Owned Space * ComicSpace * Last FM * GoodReads * The Blog Roll * DVDTalk reviews * My Books On Amazon

All text (c) 2008 Jamie S. Rich

No comments: