A personal diary keeping people abreast of what I am working on writing-wise.

Monday, January 26, 2009

IT'S A NICE DAY TO START AGAIN

Last week I attended the wedding of Powers artist Michael Avon Oeming and Taki Soma. It was a full-on comics wedding, taking place at Portland's Ground Kontrol retro-arcade, complete with free games, pizza, and dessert catering by Voodoo Doughnuts (courtesy of Brian Michael Bendis). A good time was had by all, despite some dark clouds rolling in as far as news in our industry, including the absolutely ridiculous news that Bob Schreck has been let go at DC (wrong, so very wrong). Anyway, some photos:


(left to right) Brian Bendis, Bryan L. Glass, Shannon Stewart, Dan Berman, David Walker, David Scroggy, that cocksucker Jamie S. Rich, and two people I don't know (sorry!)


That's Mike and Laura Allred. I like how Mike is looking at me as if he can really see my head doing that.


David Mack and myself.



Despite the happy look on my face, I am actually protesting the photographer and everyone else insisting I do "the shocker," which I find to be kind of offensive dudecentric concept that yokels on the internet think is high-larious. No lie, the first photo of this was caught during a debate of how you actually do it, as there were some at the table claiming a more shocking technique. Please don't take away all of my sensitive boy cred because of this. I actually remember people at Bendis' message board beating up on Judd Winick for refusing to do it. Judd obviously sticks to his guns better than I do.

Yes, I know, I'm a big girl's blouse.

A write-up of the wedding in the Willy Week.
More photos at the Bendis Board.

Current Soundtrack: The Clash, Björk, the Jam, Ladytron, and other random things

3 comments:

Maryanne said...

Did you tell David Mack hi for me? That should just be a standing thing- so you know. :)

And Bob Schreck= what???

MattGrigsby said...

Does David Mack live in Portland? SO many comic folk here...

Jamie S. Rich said...

David doesn't live here currently, but he visits a lot and is threatening a move. He is going to have a gallery show at Floating World starting on the First Thursday of April.