A personal diary keeping people abreast of what I am working on writing-wise.

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

IF YOU WANT TO BE WITH ME AT YOUR LIBERTY

This got announced early last week and I missed it going up:

Liberty Comics #2, edited by yours truly. All to benefit the Comic Book Legal Defense Fund.



And let's not forget a little matter of...

Then, of course, there's Jamie S. Rich's own installment – a "Mr. Gum" adventure with "Madman" creator Mike Allred. "Mike once told me, so I assume it's true, that Mr. Gum was secretly based on me, so I thought it would be kind of cool for me to write him for once," Rich recalled. "Then the idea hit me: one day, an ad exec comes to Mr. Gum and asks him to be the pitchman for Mister Gum, the Only Gum Exclusively for Men. Our boy refuses, and then he's told he can't use the name anymore, copyright infringement. It's pretty whacky. I tried to channel Mike's stream-of-consciousness storytelling and give him neat stuff to draw."




Current Soundtrack: Jarvis Cocker, Further Complications


e-mail = golightly at confessions123.com * Criterion Confessions * Live Journal Syndication * My Corporate-Owned Space * ComicSpace * Last FM * GoodReads * The Blog Roll [old version] * DVDTalk reviews * My Books On Amazon

All text (c) 2009 Jamie S. Rich

No comments: