A personal diary keeping people abreast of what I am working on writing-wise.

Thursday, October 15, 2009

DON'T GET HUNG UP IN YOUR SOUL



A new column compiling the best of the "art house" reviews at DVD Talk kicked off this week. Currently, I am in charge of it, and you can read the first installment of "Talking Out of Frame" here. It was intended to be out a couple of weeks ago, but there were some delays carving out the virtual space for it. The next one will likely be sooner rather than later.

IN THEATRES...

* Where the Wild Things Are will make you believe in the impossible in every way.

THIS WEEK IN DVD REVIEWS...

* British Cinema: Renown Pictures Crime & Noir (Blackout, Bond of Fear, Home To Danger, Meet Mr. Callaghan, No Trace, Recoil), collecting six films from the 1950s, none of them very good.

* Rescue Me: Season 5, vol. 1. As macho as you wanna be.

Current Soundtrack: Richard Hawley, Truelove's Gutter


e-mail = golightly at confessions123.com * Criterion Confessions * Live Journal Syndication * My Corporate-Owned Space * ComicSpace * Last FM * GoodReads * The Blog Roll [old version] * DVDTalk reviews * My Books On Amazon

All text (c) 2009 Jamie S. Rich

2 comments:

Natalie Nourigat said...

I am SOOO excited for Where the Wild Things Are!!!

mark coale said...

maybe it's just me, but I was distracted by "tony soprano" as the lead Wild Thing. there seemed a number of lines where, where it MST3K, I would have made some Mob joke after one of his lines.

I hope there's lost footage with more of Keener and Ruffalo.