A personal diary keeping people abreast of what I am working on writing-wise.

Monday, November 30, 2009

AND NO REASON TO TALK ABOUT THE BOOKS I READ, BUT STILL I DO...

Today is Morrissey day here in Portland. The man plays the Roseland tonight. It's been, what? Seven years since his last stop in our rainy city? Bastard.

To commemorate, I took part in the regular blog feature run by the Portland Mercury and Floating World Comics recommending comics a visiting band might consider buying were they to stop in the store. (It's two blocks from the Roseland, so it's been known to happen.) My recommendations for Moz were:

* Weird Fishes by Jamaica Dyer

* Beast by Marian Churchland

* Breakfast After Noon by Andi Watson

Read my reasons for these choices here.

He should, of course, buy a copy of You Have Killed Me, too. If I were there, I'd sign it for him!

Current Soundtrack: I am also currently listening to Morrissey on BBC's Desert Island Discs, and you can too.

No comments: