A personal diary keeping people abreast of what I am working on writing-wise.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

GIMME THE SWEET AND LOWDOWN

Spell Checkers vol. 2 is in really great shape right now. If you follow Nico's blog, then you've probably seen this photo of all the completed pages stacked up.



I think that's about 3/4 of the book right there.

I've dug into the script for the 3rd book, and it's starting to take shape. The hardest part is getting the rhythm back. It usually takes a scene or two of the girls talking to each other to find their voices again. It comes pretty naturally, it's just a matter of finding that sweet spot where I am not trying to be funny and I'm just letting the lines come on their own.

It's an exciting, busy time. I had three books go into production this month, so in addition to Spell Checkers being ongoing, the comics should hopefully be coming pretty regularly over the next couple of years. These and the movie reviews are taking most of my brainpower, so the lack of chattiness on the blog will likely continue. I'm sure you're heartbroken.

Current Soundtrack: Social Distortion, Hard Times & Nursery Rhymes (Deluxe Edition)

No comments: