A personal diary keeping people abreast of what I am working on writing-wise.

Thursday, April 12, 2012

SHE SAID, THERE'S SOMETHING IN THE WOODSHED


Yikes. I am wayyyyyyy behind on movie reviews. Between Emerald City, a heavy freelance gig, copyediting Bobby Pins and Mary Janes, and getting sick, it's been a hellacious couple of weeks and I've become the kind of writer I really don't like: one who can't get things done. I'm on the mend, though, and getting back in the saddle. Here's what I've managed since last I updated:


NEW TO THEATRES...

* The Cabin in the Woods, a fun puzzle of horror and comedy. Avoid info on this one, just go!

UPDATED TO CRITERION CONFESSIONS...

* A Night to Remember, the 1958 adaptation of the Titanic story. Looks great on Blu-Ray, and overall, is more powerful than I recalled.

THIS WEEK IN DVD/BD REVIEWS...

The Double Hour, this recent Italian thriller is a must-see. The debut of director Giuseppe Capotondi, and starring Filippo Timi

* Jb Smoove: That's How I Dooz It, a disappointing stand-up special from the Curb Your Enthusiasm Actor.

The Sitterthe latest in the decline of David Gordon Green. A tepid comedy starring Jonah Hill.

This is Not a Movie: Three Edward Furlongs, one bad script. 

Current Soundtrack: Love Spit Love, Love Spit Love



e-mail = golightly at confessions123.com * Midi-Confessions123 * Criterion Confessions * Last FM * GoodReads * The Blog Roll [old version] * DVDTalk reviews * My Books On Amazon

All text (c) 2012 Jamie S. Rich

No comments: