A personal diary keeping people abreast of what I am working on writing-wise.

Saturday, February 23, 2013

MUSICAL YOUTH: THE VASELINE GANG

One of my favorites!

A picture of myself with Justine Frischmann from Elastica, taken in June, 1995, at the 91X Sunfest in San Diego, CA.


My guess is I broke the cardinal rule of wearing a band's shirt to the concert because it was a festival show and I wanted people to know I was not there to see Sublime. Or, actually, more likely, noticing the darker collar underneath the light blue, I was tired of carrying it around by the end of the day.

I worked at Dark Horse then and gave the band comics to take on their tour bus. When I saw them months later in Seattle, they asked if I had any more. I also gave Justine an Adam Ant picture disc 7" with "Goody Two Shoes" and "Red Scab" and she gave me a kiss--so take that Britpop-come-latelies.

Current Soundtrack: Lusine, The Waiting Room



2 comments:

Kayley said...

This is awesome, Jamie!

Ian Explosivo said...

Death by jealousy!