A personal diary keeping people abreast of what I am working on writing-wise.

Thursday, March 28, 2013

MURDER WAS THE CASE

THIS WEEK IN THEATRES...



Art by Rodolfo Reyes [source]

The big news is that the most recent digital restoration of Fritz Lang's M is starting to play around the country. I got to see a screening of it, and I wrote about the film for Criterion Confessions. It plays Portland's Cinema 21 starting tomorrow. Check their site for times.

In my Oregonian column, I cover the poker documentary Drawing Dead, an indie "trapped in a car" thriller called Detour, and the Faux Film Festival.

UPDATED TO CRITERION CONFESSIONS...

In addition to M, an almost appropriate double-feature (though it might be even better to watch this with Unfaithfully Yours)...

* Monsieur Verdoux, Charlie Chaplin's murderous black comedy. (Also at DVDTalk.)

Current Soundtracks: OMD, "Metroland;" Bowery Electric, Bowery Electric




e-mail = golightly at confessions123.com * Midi-Confessions123 * Criterion Confessions * Last FM * GoodReads * The Blog Roll [old version] * DVDTalk reviews * My Books On Amazon

All text (c) 2013 Jamie S. Rich

No comments: